[Athen] Textbook Conversion and Covid

Susan Kelmer Susan.Kelmer at colorado.edu
Tue May 5 05:51:46 PDT 2020

This is a tough one. I am fortunate that I have a good quality duplexing scanner at home, because I do book conversion on the side as well as for the University. So far, I’ve asked students to not buy books until I can see if I can get files, and if I can’t, then I have the student purchase the book but have it shipped directly to me. I then make a calculated run to Office Depot or Staples to have the book cut. I scan it and send files to the student. If the student needs their book back right away, I use Office Depot to re-bind (spiral) and then ship it back to them.

The university is refunding my costs, as I submit them. So far, this has worked, I’ve done 10 books this way for students taking online summer classes.

*Please note: I am currently working remotely, so can be reached by email, Teams, or by cell at 303-475-7447.*

Susan Kelmer
Alternate Format Production Program Manager
Disability Services
Division of Student Affairs
T 303 735 4836
www.colorado.edu/disabilityservices<http://www.colorado.edu/disabilityservices>

[cid:image001.png at 01D598AC.79FC1C60]

Due to the nature of electronic communication, the security of this message cannot be guaranteed. If you’ve received this email in error please notify the sender immediately and delete this message.