[Athen] Textbook Conversion and Covid

Wink Harner foreigntype at gmail.com
Tue May 5 08:56:05 PDT 2020

Hi all,

Another possibility might be for your college to consider purchasing a
small-medium size tabletop guillotine if you cannot get to campus, Staples
and your campus print shops are closed. Certainly would not work for large
books and you’d have to have some kind of plan or process in place to
rebind the books. Here’s an example of one book guillotine for up to 1.5”
thickness:
https://officeequipmentmachineshop.com/products/Martin-Yale-7000E-Commercial-Stack-Paper-Cutter?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=&scid=scplp30821&sc_intid=30821&gclid=Cj0KCQjwncT1BRDhARIsAOQF9LloW5SveRcY0aWQuJ0ls-n1Zx3ToTZqiC3lLPAgFhczmJZNX3ijFRkaArI3EALw_wcB

This suggestion might work for some, especially when combined with Susan
Kelmer’s suggestion that the students have books shipped to her directly (a
big time saver!).

Wink Harner