[Athen] Assistive listening devices in online/remote classes

Wink Harner foreigntype at gmail.com
Fri May 22 17:03:46 PDT 2020

Hi ATHEN-ites
Apologies for cross-posting.
The question came up in one of my grad student's research projects and I
thought I would ask our collective "hive" of experts when or whether we
should be providing ALD's or FM systems to our HOH students in the quick
switch made to online courses. Is it necessary? Are there alternatives? Are
there specific workarounds needed?

Thanks in advance for the wisdom & advice of your collective wisdom.

Wink Harner
Accessibility Consultant/Alternative Text Production
The Foreign Type

Portland OR
foreigntype at gmail.com
480-984-0034

This email was dictated using Dragon NaturallySpeaking. Please forgive
quirks, misrecognitions, or errata .