[Athen] [EXT]Re: Zoom question

glen walker glen.walker at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 12:38:54 PDT 2020

Hard to diagnose by "guessing". Zoom has a test meeting you can join (
https://zoom.us/test) but you can only test your microphone and speakers.
You can't share your screen or system audio or record in order to test the
screen reader volume. However, when I use an external mic, such as on my
usb webcam that is mounted on top of my monitor, I *don't* share my system
audio and the mic on the webcam picks up my voice and the screen reader
voice as the same. So with the screen reader running, I have it loud
enough on my speakers that I can hear it and it's picked up by the mic as
if I were talking. The audio quality isn't as good as system audio, but it
definitely lets you control the volume. Just like if I were to speak
louder or softer, I can physically change the speaker volume and the screen
reader is heard as louder or softer.