[Athen] Kinda off topic question

Kluesner, Bryon Bryon-Kluesner at utc.edu
Wed Oct 21 16:40:56 PDT 2020

Hi all,

My campus is in the early stages of planning a live / virtual graduation for our fall semester graduates. The ceremony is initially being planned on one of our large outdoor areas with social distancing and mask use enforced. The area is a grass "field-type" set up, accessible to games, interactions, etc. An upcoming graduate who uses a wheelchair expressed their concern about navigating the grassy area and a female student also mentioned concerns about her shoes getting stuck in the location (she prefers to wear high heels). Does anyone have any suggestions of a surface cover that may address these concerns?

As I mentioned in the subject line - "kinda off topic question."

Thanks,

Bryon

Bryon Kluesner, RhD
Adaptive Technology Coordinator