[Athen] DAISY Publishes White Paper on the Benefits of EPUB 3

kerscher at montana.com kerscher at montana.com
Fri Sep 11 10:07:13 PDT 2020

Dear Ahead, Athens, and DSSHE-L,

Sorry for the cross posting.

The DAISY Consortium has published a white paper encouraging the use of Born
Accessible EPUB 3 files for corporate, government and university
publications and documents. We believe this marks a point in time when the
EPUB 3 format begins to work its way into the mainstream.

I encourage you to read the white paper, and to share it broadly, especially
to decision makers in your company or organization.

Links to the White Paper in all formats:

https://daisy.org/MDPWhitepaper

The News article on the DAISY Website:

https://daisy.org/news-events/news/daisy-publishes-white-paper-on-the-benefi
ts-of-epub-3/

The Press release:

https://daisy.org/info-help/document-archive/press-release-epub-3-the-strate
gic-solution-for-your-digital-documents/

Best

George

George Kerscher Ph.D.

-In our Information Age, access to information is a fundamental human right.

Chief Innovations Officer, DAISY Consortium

http://www.daisy.org

Senior Advisor, Global Literacy, Benetech

http://www.benetech.org <http://www.benetech.org/>

President, International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF)

http://www.idpf.org <http://www.idpf.org/>

Member of the National Museum and Library Services Board (IMLS)

http://www.imls.gov <http://www.imls.gov/>

Chair Steering Council Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), at W3C

http://www.w3.org/WAI

Phone: +1 406/549-4687

Cell:+1 406/544-2466

Email: kerscher at montana.com <mailto:kerscher at montana.com>