[Athen] Honorlock and assistive tech

Justin Romack justinr at disability.tamu.edu
Fri Sep 11 14:13:51 PDT 2020

I read through some notes from earlier this year where several ATHENites shared their experience with various proctoring tools.

Our institution is rolling out Honorlock and has questions about use with assistive technology.

I see that screen reader and keyboard-only users may experience barriers ...

Do we know if technologies like Read&Write or Dragon will work well inside an exam proctored by Honorlock?

Also: Because the system uses AI to rule out false positives, will these technologies cause issues if being used and picked up in the testing environment?

Any feedback would be wonderful.

Thanks all!

Justin Romack | Assistive Technology Coordinator
Disability Resources | Texas A&M University
1224 TAMU | College Station, TX 77843-1224

ph: 979.845.1637 | justinr at disability.tamu.edu<mailto:justinr at disability.tamu.edu> | disability.tamu.edu