[Athen] Honorlock and assistive tech

Jeffrey Dell jeffreydell99 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 14:27:30 PDT 2020

Our e-learning group is working on implementation of that now. I was talking with them and had them pose questions to the vendor. That proctoring tool uses live proctors and the professor is able to submit notes about accommodations which students are permitted to use. What was told to our e-learning people by the vendor is that when professors specify that students will be using certain software packages as accommodations they are able to lift the restrictions for applications during the exam for the student specified. Wwhen professors are setting up an exam using honor lock they create notes for the proctor for exceptions that they will see for specific students like being able to leave their desk to use the restroom or other things That would eviate From the rules for taking thefrom the rules for taking the exam. they’re monitoring software triggers a live proctor to look in on suspicious activity. Students are also able to hit the call button for the proctor for assistance. They claim that you are supposed to be able to use the software packages that you listed but as most things I hear from vendors I will believe it when I see it. I’m hoping to be able to get my hands on it soon to do some testing.
Unlike respondus there is no option to blanket white list programs. Although from my experience that doesn’t really even work well in respondus anyway.
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone. please excuse errors from using Apple's dictation feature.