[Athen] SPSS and JAWS

Marie Tizon tizonm at mail.montclair.edu
Wed Apr 21 07:09:54 PDT 2021

Hi Everyone,

I have a blind student in a Psychology Masters program and she will be
taking a Statistics course in the Fall where she is required to work on
SPSS. The student has already spoken to one of the professors teaching the
course and everything is based on using SPSS. Can someone provide me with
more information about the accessibility or inaccessibility of SPSS with
JAWS? In what ways is it accessible or inaccessible? Can it be resolved
aside from assigning an assistant to the student? My student was hoping to
use R instead of SPSS but I don't think that is an option. Has anyone
experienced this before? I am open to recommendations and suggestions on
the best way we can assist and accommodate my student.

Best regards,
Marie

--

Marie Tizon* (Pronouns: she, her, hers)*
Assistant Director - Disability Resource Center
*Email: *tizonm at montclair.edu
For intake appointments, please use my You Can Book Me page
<https://marietizon.youcanbook.me>. All other appointments, you may email
me directly.

Please do not send any documentation via fax. You may email documentation
to drc at montclair.edu.
[image: Montclair State University]