[Athen] CommonLook and screen readers

Bourne, Sarah (MASSIT) sarah.bourne at mass.gov
Wed Apr 21 14:11:47 PDT 2021

A friend has asked me if I know anybody that uses CommonLook for tagging PDFs who is a screen reader user. I don't, but perhaps one of you do? He's been using Acrobat, but there's a number of things he can't do (beyond things that require sight, such as seeing if color alone is being used to convey meaning, authoring alt text, etc.) and is wondering if CommonLook would be a worthwhile investment.

Thank you!
sb
Sarah E. Bourne
Director of IT Accessibility
1 Ashburton Place, 8th Floor, Boston, MA 02108
Office: (617) 626-4502 (messages only)
sarah.bourne at mass.gov<mailto:sarah.bourne at mass.gov> | www.mass.gov/eotss<http://www.mass.gov/anf/research-and-tech/oversight-agencies/itd/>
Executive Office of Technology Services and Security (EOTSS)
EOTSS provides secure and quality digital information, services, and tools
to constituents and service providers when and where they need them.