[Athen] Job posting - Accessibility Strategist
krista at inclusiveinstructionaldesign.com
Tue Aug 17 11:52:19 PDT 2021
I am looking for a new co-worker! Come be an Accessibility Strategist with
me at Blackboard <http://app.jobvite.com/m?37fpYmwA> (aka Strategic
Consultant). It’s an awesome job, working with colleges and universities
all over the world regarding their systemic accessibility issues. We tend
to use Blackboard Ally as a catalyst for our work but get to do any type of
consulting service that is around accessibility.
- Pro #1 – we report to one of the BEST managers ever. For example, he
had no prior accessibility experience but has learned to remediate
documents to truly understand this work. Very organized, extremely
supportive, and super fun!
- Pro #2 – it pays more than most higher education document
accessibility / media specialist roles.
- Pro #3 – it was remote before COVID and will stay remote. It does
require travel but frankly the amount of travel is dependent upon clients
interested in us coming onsite.
- Pro #4 – it’s a wonderful combo of working with people and tech. You
get the best of both!
Sadly, due to reasons I don’t fully understand, we are unable to accept
applicants from California, Colorado or Massachusetts.
- Previous accessibility experience is required. Consulting experience
- Most interested in applicants to support clients on the West Coast
(but you don’t have to live there, just be willing to work more of those
hours than East Coast hours).
- Previous experience with Blackboard Ally is a plus but not a
- I’m happy to chat with serious applicants.
Review the Blackboard Accessibility Strategist job description
Accessibility and Inclusivity Crusader
ATHEN Executive Council Vice President
Access Technology Higher Education Network <https://athenpro.org/>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the athen-list