[Athen] What do you think of the Stella lights?

Deborah Armstrong armstrongdeborah at fhda.edu
Wed Jan 6 10:08:06 PST 2021

The current post on the Freedom Scientific blog
https://blog.freedomscientific.com/how-effective-is-lighting-for-people-with-low-vision/
is about the Optelec Stella lights.

My question is: are they overpriced, or do they provide value for your low vision users? Should I recommend our college buy some of these for our testing and tutoring centers when we are back on campus?

Right now we have a couple of ordinary lamps and I have a $18 magnifying lamp I loan to students if they need it in a classroom. My husband, an electrical engineer who is very near-sighted solders using the same cheap magnifying lamp.

I'm not clear if their sales information is hype or fact.

--Debee