[Athen] Jamboard, discord, padlet

Deborah Armstrong armstrongdeborah at fhda.edu
Sat Mar 6 09:52:32 PST 2021

Got a question from a K12 teacher about which was the most accessible for a low-vision student. I've used all three with a screen reader and I had no true access issues, just some problems keeping up with lively discussions.

We're seeing more and more of these realtime conferencing boards used in classrooms so it's good to know about them. I told the teacher to just realize her student might need extra time to read everything since this particular student doesn't have a reading disability but depends heavily on magnification. Don't know that I have any other thoughts about the accessibility of these platforms. I wonder how well they work for students using reading tools other than screen readers.

--Debee