[Athen] Remote: GitHub hiring Product Manager - Accessibility

Lydia X. Z. Brown lydia at autistichoya.com
Wed Mar 17 21:01:59 PDT 2021

"At GitHub, our mission is to be the home for all developers. I'm currently
building an accessibility program at GitHub to help make our products more
inclusive to the estimated 15% of the world's population with a disability.
Are you a Product Manager with accessibility experience? Come join my team!"

Apply here <https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/2981368>

Product Manager - Accessibilityat GitHub (View all jobs)
<https://boards.greenhouse.io/github>
Remote - US

At GitHub, our mission is to be the home for all developers. More than a
billion people in the world live with disabilities and we are determined to
build a GitHub that is inclusive for everyone.

We’re looking for a Product Manager to lead GitHub’s new Accessibility
program. In this role, you will define the product strategy and vision for
how we’ll not only make all GitHub products accessible by design, but also
how we’ll take advantage of our tremendous opportunity to leverage our
platform to help all developers build more accessible code. You’ll
collaborate with a diverse team of globally distributed engineers, product
managers and designers to research, create, and maintain experiences
impacting millions of developers worldwide.

*What you will be doing:*

- *Own the vision for your area*. You will be responsible for defining a
product vision for the future of GitHub’s accessibility program and will
need to work across the entire company to build the vision for how we build
products at GitHub and ensure it aligns with our business goals.
- *Manage the roadmap*. Make tough tactical prioritization decisions
while helping the team think long-term. Build trust with stakeholders by
maintaining an understandable, accurate roadmap.
- *Collaborate across teams*. Your success will require coordination
across multiple teams and domains at GitHub to build scalable accessibility
processes, tooling and features.
- *Be customer obsessed:* We are hyperfocused on building a GitHub
driven by the needs of our customers. Collaborate with people with
disabilities to learn how we can remove barriers within our products to
empower all developers to do their best work on GitHub.
- *Measure success.* Own the measures used to define success for
accessibility across GitHub. Success measures must be defined at the
inception of a product and tracked throughout its lifecycle. Make measures
visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions
and new hypotheses.

*You might be a fit if:*

- You have 3-5+ years of engineering, product management, program
management, or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to bring
people together to build large systems.
- You have 2 years or more experience in accessibility and inclusive
design.
- You are familiar with modern software development practices used to
build and deploy web and mobile applications.
- You have strong technical abilities and a track record of working
through complex technical problems.
- You possess strong communication skills, with clear verbal
communication as well as explicit and mindful written communication skills.
- You strive to empower others and build an inclusive team.

*Bonus points if:*

- You have first hand experience with assistive technologies.
- You have experience building UI frameworks or design systems.
- You have deep experience with complex enterprise software applications.
- You have experience designing cross-platform experiences, from web to
native mobile.
- You are passionate about GitHub and the opportunities that lie ahead
of us.

*Who We Are:*

GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be
developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create
the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative
community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the
future of software and make a difference in the world.

*Leadership Principles:*

Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome -
Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible -
Practice Kindness

*Why You Should Join:*

At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our
employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one
of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work,
snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the
globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here:
https://github.com/about/careers/remote

We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and
creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in
mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we
think you will too.

GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and
lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all
walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based
on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age,
national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status,
or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us
know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you;
we're happy to accommodate!

Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions,
please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.

<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fboards.greenhouse.io%2Fgithub%2Fjobs%2F2981368%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR3nkCXEspEUDbNj1JAGr4IDT0pyu_JkoaaJv0rf1hj4tCHEXBBmhkHKkig&h=AT2lJtC0ss1QuXpg51mcYB0hAFg3GFlY-E004kPfPo1jhC-Kiw5Ci8BNib6HILmSUya7dcnZFyYKIO6y7u6-Ywaj3nlF20YW2npXeQxL1ywMqLXFBXdLqtpgoF9Tx9P7c-q3mXw&__tn__=H-R&c[0]=AT1GKKzpIrtunpHSf6Ybhg_1NAbvpeqnfDiTS-SzLG85J6VRm4xwjU9-pB36xUsGHrKSOApjF94ocgXlXpFcLqoqpF0t--Pqn6f7LDuMUPzSZU4yd-VG4vAhek9fzQB1DZ0kEECH9qPeTZj-mDMhqC5XNXC75UX57_KqMyoxzRYgSoE741OZfTIl6fuZcqnS88U6WspteIuq0R5oY-sM_B4>