[Athen] VitalSource Bookshelf

kerscher at montana.com kerscher at montana.com
Wed May 19 18:38:37 PDT 2021

Hello,

VitalSource has indeed changed over the past years. There is no requirement to use a different website for accessibility.

It is evaluated at epubtest.org and the summary is reported at the Roundup of reading systems at:

https://inclusivepublishing.org/rs-accessibility/

The online version is very accessible and they have new Jaws scripts supporting the Windows App.

They are also reporting accessibility metadata before one purchases or a professor selects a title for their course. We want to see the accessibility metadata in a user friendly presentation available everywhere, and VitalSource is doing this now. Hope others to follow their lead.

Best

George