[Athen] contact language for requesting digital copies from publishers

Christa Milller spuddyat at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 11:39:55 PDT 2021

Hi All,

Today I'm trying to find an accessible alternative for
Paying with Their Bodies: American War and the Problem of the Disabled
Veteran by John M. Kinder. It's published by The University of Chicago
Press. Currently locked out of the Access Text Network and this publisher
doesn't appear to be a partner anyway. Anyone have some good language for
"cold calling" publishers to get a digital copy for accessibility? I don't
have easy access to a book scanner and guillotine at the moment, but that's
next on my list of options. I thought I would try a direct publisher
approach first.

Direct email to millerch at vt.edu if preferred.

Thanks for any thoughts,

Christa