[Athen] report a access problem forms.

Stephanie Lazarus slazar at umbc.edu
Mon Apr 11 09:55:25 PDT 2022

Lucy, for our web accessibility reporting, we use a campus email, which has
filters that shift the awful email to the junk folder so we only need to
glance at that occasionally to make sure the filters are not being
overzealous to the point of missing a direct report from an individual.

We also have a web-based form that requires that someone be signed in to
their campus account to provide the report. We ask to know the person
reporting so we can reply quickly - the person reporting gets to know what
happens as a next step - such as the condition being reported to Facilities
Management or DoIT.

If this is a situation where you believe that someone might be
intentionally trolling the reporting system, we would work with our
cybersecurity team to identify the cause and potential solutions depending
on the source and the severity of the issue.

I hope this is helpful,

Stephanie Lazarus

On Mon, Apr 11, 2022 at 11:56 AM Lucy GRECO <lgreco at berkeley.edu> wrote:

> hello:

> we have a report an access bairyor form but it's mostly getting spam and

> rude spam at that. how do you all avoid this or do you lucy

> Berkeley IT <https://technology.berkeley.edu/home>

> Lucy Greco, Web Accessibility Evangelist

> Campus IT Experience

> Phone: (510) 289-6008 | Email: lgreco at berkeley.edu |

> https://webaccess.berkeley.edu Follow me on twitter @accessaces

> We champion diversity. We act with integrity. We deliver. We innovate.

*Stephanie Lazarus*
Accessibility Manager and ADA/Section 504 <https://accessibility.umbc.edu/>
Coordinator
UMBC Office of Accessibility and Disability Services
<https://accessibility.umbc.edu/>
1000 Hilltop Circle M/P 218, Baltimore, MD 21250
*410-455-5745 -has voicemail *
My pronouns <http://www.mypronouns.org/> are She/Her/They/Them
Latest UMBC COVID-19 Communication and Website
<https://covid19.umbc.edu/latest-campus-communications/>

Disability Inclusion matters every day. Learn more about Work-Related
Accommodations and Disability Awareness at UMBC here:
Faculty, Staff and Student Employee Accommodations
<https://accessibility.umbc.edu/employee-accommodation-request/>
Be an Accessibility Ally: Report an Accessibility Concern Online (link)
<https://accessibility.umbc.edu/report-campus-accessibility-concern/>

UMBC was established upon the land
<https://oei.umbc.edu/land-acknowledgement-statement/> of the Piscataway
Conoy <http://www.piscatawayconoytribe.com/> and Susquehannock peoples. We
humbly offer our respects to all Indigenous people connected to this place
<https://nativegov.org/a-guide-to-indigenous-land-acknowledgment/>

Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including any attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Sensitive information may be
contained in this message, including information that may be confidential.
Professional discretion is advised. Any unauthorized review, use,
of the original message. Thank you.