[Athen] FW: Presentation Anxiety? There's AT For That! Discover Present Pal - Friday, April 22 @ 1:30pm Eastern - NOAT Webinar

Doug Mantle Doug.Mantle at kings.uwo.ca
Tue Apr 19 07:20:28 PDT 2022

Passing along this invite – Please consider joining the folks from Present Pal – Friday, April 22 @ 1:30pm Eastern

Take care!

Doug

From: Network of Assistive Technologists <info at noat.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2022 7:58 AM
To: NOAT at googlegroups.com
Subject: Presentation Anxiety? There's AT For That! Discover Present Pal - Friday, April 22 @ 1:30pm Eastern - NOAT Webinar

Good day everyone!

We are pleased to extend this invitation for you to attend this webinar on Friday, April 22, 2022 at 1:30pm Eastern - Save Your Spot Now!

--------------------------------------
USING TECHNOLOGY TO IMPROVE CONFIDENCE AND REDUCE ANXIETY IN PRESENTATIONS IN A REMOTE AND IN-PERSON SETTING

Join The Network of Assistive Technologists as we welcome Amer Latif and Ben Scott from Present Pal for this webinar.

95% of students experience presentation anxiety, and the existing ways students prepare for and deliver presentation tasks are not fully accessible. Why do students find presentations challenging, and does it matter? This session run by Amer Latif (VP of Sales) and Ben Scott (MA Psychology, University of St Andrews, MBPsS) will dive deeper into the challenges with presentations and the importance of learning this lifelong skill. Amer and Ben will also demonstrate the Present Pal App and how it can support students who experience challenges with presentation and communication tasks in the classroom. Present Pal is a communication tool that supports users to build their presentation skills and confidence through interactive and accessible flashcards. We are now supporting over 7000 students presenting with Present Pal in institutions such as Yale University, Cornell University, and the University of Memphis to reduce anxiety and boost student confidence.

Join our session to:

§ Learn more about the challenges of presentations for students with disabilities

§ Discuss how we can better support students to reduce anxiety and improve confidence with communication and presentation tasks

§ Find out more about the Present Pal tool and how it can help students learn this lifelong skill

Registration is NOW OPEN - Visit the N.O.A.T. Events Site<http://kucmail01.kc.uwo.ca:32224/?dmVyPTEuMDAxJiYxMWUxNDVjNDI0ZDAzYjU5ZT02MjVFQTNDNV80MzA1NV80NzFfMSYmNDFhY2M1ZmIyODllZTUwPTEzMzMmJnVybD1odHRwJTNBJTJGJTJGbm9hdCUyRWxpbmslMkZldmVudHM=> for more information and to register

Hoping to see everyone online April 22nd at 1:30pm Eastern!

Take care,

Doug Mantle,

Founder | The Network of Assistive Technologists

www.NOAT.ca <http://kucmail01.kc.uwo.ca:32224/?dmVyPTEuMDAxJiYxMWUxNDVjNDI0ZDAzYjQwZj02MjVFQTNDNV80MzA1NV80NzFfMSYmYzBjOTYxZmIxODFmNDE1PTEzMzMmJnVybD1odHRwJTNBJTJGJTJGd3d3JTJFbm9hdCUyRWNhJTJG> | info at NOAT.ca<mailto:info at NOAT.ca>

[https://www.kings.uwo.ca/kings/assets/Image/email/accessibility-counselling.png]

King’s University College is committed to accessibility<http://www.kings.uwo.ca/about-kings/who-we-are/administrative-departments/human-resources/accessibility-for-ontarians-with-disabilities-act-aoda/> for persons with disabilities. Please contact us if you have any particular accommodation requirements or require information in an alternate format.

Confidentiality Notice:
The contents of this communication, including any attachment(s), are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient (or are not receiving this communication on behalf of the intended recipient), please notify the sender immediately and delete or destroy this communication without reading it, and without making, forwarding, or retaining any copy or record of it or its contents. Thank you.