[Athen] [EXTERNAL] - Re: Experiences with ALEKS PPL?

Hayman, Douglass dhayman at olympic.edu
Wed Apr 20 13:45:43 PDT 2022

I tried a few months ago, maybe in October of 2021 and it was a mess for no-vision access or low vision.

When trying to magnify as a test run to work with a student after trying to come up with a "If you do this then you can use Aleks." I found that the problem was this:

The question was on a web page and the answer was in a separate iframe. If I zoomed I could see the question part get larger but not the iframe. On trying to open the iframe in a new tab, it wouldn't let me then use that to answer, maybe as a feature to stop cheaters.

The student dropped the class before I could work out another option to meet her low vision needs.

Perhaps they could demo it for you with keyboard only navigation, using a screen reader and then magnifying to 400-percent.

Doug Hayman
IT Accessibility Coordinator
Information Technology
Olympic College