[Athen] Anonymous survey about people describing themselves in meetings

Karen McCall K4mccall at outlook.com
Wed Aug 10 06:18:20 PDT 2022

Morning everyone!

I’ve seen some tweets about people with disabilities finding it “annoying” to have people describe themselves during meetings.

Some of the arguments against this practice are that it takes up too much time, many people who are blind don’t feel comfortable trying to describe themselves, and there is the issue of body confidence and body shaming among other posts and discussions.

I’ve created a two-question anonymous survey to get feedback on whether the practice is helpful and collect any comments (good or bad) about the practice. I will be publishing the results so make sure there is no identifying information in your responses.

https://forms.office.com/r/Qj5uCZNRTG

I personally will not describe myself even when asked to. As someone with a visual disability, it is more important to hear you than see you. 😊

Cheers, Karen