[Athen] Accessibility of Microsoft Teams Phone?

Susan Kelmer Susan.Kelmer at colorado.edu
Fri Dec 16 10:26:19 PST 2022

We've got the same thing going on here, and they suggested we look at alternatives for those with disabilities. Which is hella annoying. Here is the statement they gave:

[https://oit.colorado.edu/sites/default/files/ms-teams_no.png]

Microsoft Teams can be very difficult and time-consuming for users of assistive technology. In those cases, alternative options listed on the Teams Accessibility page<https://oit.colorado.edu/services/messaging-collaboration/microsoft-office-365/applications/teams/accessibility> should be considered

There is just not enough information right now to really get through this. How do I have a plugged in speaker bar AND do TEAMS calls? I'm not giving up my speaker. I work in a big open room with other people. Where's my privacy for phone calls??

It's messy. It was supposed to have been implemented earlier this year but obviously some things have changed.

Susan Kelmer
Alternate Format Production Program Manager
Disability Services
Health and Wellness Services
T 303 735 4836
www.colorado.edu/disabilityservices<http://www.colorado.edu/disabilityservices>

[cid:image001.png at 01D91141.36B8AFC0]

Due to the nature of electronic communication, the security of this message cannot be guaranteed. If you've received this email in error please notify the sender immediately and delete this message.