[Athen] Accessibility of Microsoft Teams Phone?

Russell Solowoniuk solowoniukr at macewan.ca
Fri Dec 16 15:07:31 PST 2022

Hi,

We switched to Microsoft Teams for phone calls last fall. It's really not accessible for me as a screen reader user. If you place an outgoing call and have to enter a number, i.e. 1 for billing, 2 for tech support, 3, for customer service, etc., this cannot easily be done. I thought perhaps turning numlock on on the number pad would allow me to enter numbers, but it doesn't. You first need to tab around till you find the "Dialpad" button, enter on that, and then tab to and press enter on the number you wish to enter. Usually by the time I find the dialpad, the call has ended. So, I end up using my iPhone for such calls. If there's an easy way to do this with a screen reader, I'd be most grateful to find out how.

Have a great weekend everyone,

Russell