[Athen] Is MathType/Word being cranky - or is this way off?

Romack, Justin justinr at disability.tamu.edu
Wed Jan 19 19:54:56 PST 2022

Howdy colleagues!

I owe gratitude to a number of you who pointed me toward resources on piecing together a scalable workflow for LaTeX to MathML/Braille math. Beyond grateful!

I have our team looking at the text and I'm seeing goofy results with the output of MathType and the resulting import in Duxbury for Braille translation.

Would someone with MathType and/or Duxbury experience give this a glance and let me know if you see anything noticeably wrong with this sample page of content? It's odd because the equations are entered with MathType, but NVDA and JAWS won't seem to interact with them as math content in Word.

Any advice or insight welcomed!

Thanks,

Justin Romack | Assistive Technology Coordinator
Disability Resources | Texas A&M University
1224 TAMU | College Station, TX 77843-1224

ph: 979.845.1637 | justinr at disability.tamu.edu<mailto:justinr at disability.tamu.edu> | disability.tamu.edu
DIVISION OF STUDENT AFFAIRS | One Division. One Mission