[Athen] publisher unwilling to provide a PDF

Susan Kelmer Susan.Kelmer at colorado.edu
Tue Jul 5 06:59:47 PDT 2022

This happens. Unfortunately, publishers are under no legal obligation to provide us with anything, and there are still a few publishers out there that are not willing to share files. It is ultimately the responsibility of the institution (aka, your campus) to provide the appropriate alternate format for a student.

I’m assuming you have checked with Bookshare to see if there is a file there? It won’t be a PDF, but you can usually download a Word copy and then do some editing to make it work for your student. You can see if the student will let you scan their book. Our bookstore takes back the rebound (spiral bound) book as a used book with no questions asked. Also, you can ask on the listservs (like this one) to see if someone already has a PDF of that book that they could share with you.

Susan Kelmer
Alternate Format Production Program Manager
Disability Services
Division of Student Affairs
T 303 735 4836
www.colorado.edu/disabilityservices<http://www.colorado.edu/disabilityservices>

[cid:image001.png at 01D598AC.79FC1C60]

Due to the nature of electronic communication, the security of this message cannot be guaranteed. If you’ve received this email in error please notify the sender immediately and delete this message.