[Athen] Braille embosser recommendations

John Gardner john.gardner at viewplus.com
Wed Jun 22 14:04:53 PDT 2022

Hello all, As founder of ViewPlus and Athen member, I try to be ethical about talking about ViewPlus. But I am happy to be a resource for information if needed. Two points:

* Paul is correct that the Delta v2 sheet feeder is improved, and ViewPlus’ comparisons indicate that it is the best of any embosser. However, the full truth is that no embosser manufacturer can afford to develop or license a sheet feeder that is completely reliable in all circumstances. That said, if you are careful and use the Delta thickness adjustor, you can get very reliable sheet feed behavior.
* Paul is also correct that Delta tactile graphics are not the same as those made by the Pro, Premier, Elite… and other Tiger embossers. The dots are larger, and the dot to dot separation consequently a bit larger than Tiger Dots. However, Columbia/Delta dots can be placed with near arbitrary positioning, so some things such as curved lines are smoother than those made with Tiger technology. The new Rogue of course combines the Tiger resolution with ability of arbitrary placement, (but of course unlike Columbia/Delta it does not emboss braille with the larger dots.).
I hope these comments are helpful.
John