[Athen] Replying to Screenshot Reader Alternatives

Charlotte Schiff-Norton cgs5 at stmarys-ca.edu
Fri Jun 24 11:03:39 PDT 2022

Hello Robert,

I am respond to your note about a student asking you for alternatives to
Read and Write and their interested in screenshot reader feature.

I know Kurzweil 3000 has a Chrome and Firefox red the web extension that
allows you to tack a screenshot and it will then open up the Kurzweil
program and read it. Even though the extension is free to get you have to
have the Kurzweil program or a login accesses to be able to use this
extension.

The app Seeing AI is a free app that used the phones camera to read the
text. I am not sure if this what you and your student might be looking for
but i figure i would mention it so you both could take a look at it.

Hopefully you find some of this info helpful.

Charlotte Schiff-Norton
she/her/hers
Saint Mary's College of California
Student Disability Services
<https://www.stmarys-ca.edu/student-disability-services>
Accessibility & Assistive Technology Coordinator
Office: (925) 631-5071
Email: cgs5 at stmarys-ca.edu