[Athen] airtable

Monica Olsson molsson at sbctc.edu
Thu Mar 3 15:05:16 PST 2022

I found this conversation about accessibility conformance on Airtable's community forum<https://community.airtable.com/t/airtable-accessibility/26834/7>. The conversation is between someone named Bill French who I believe works for the company and Michael Cyr, who is very active with the Educate IT Accessibility group.

Better get your bowl of popcorn out, heh.

Here is a notable quote from the conversation by Michael from February 2020:

"I tested the basic airtable DB table view/edit screen. I compared it to the WCAG2.1 level AA standard, section 2.1, Keyboard Accessibility, using the NVDA screen reader. It’s completely inaccessible, that is,keyboard-only control does not provide corresponding screen-reader accessible text that matches what is visually displayed. I test a lot of applications. Total lack of keyboard and screen reader support is unusual these days. I also tested the read-only view of the table from a shareable link. Same lack of support.

I’ve also received a response from airtable. They do not have a conformance report. I’m asking for clarification about what they DO know about the accessibility of their DB product."

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]

Monica M. Olsson (she/her/hers)

Policy Associate – Accessible IT Coordinator

molsson at sbctc.edu<mailto:molsson at sbctc.edu> • o: 360-704-3922 • c: 206-914-7187

sbctc.edu<https://www.sbctc.edu/> • Twitter: @SBCTCWashington<https://twitter.com/SBCTCWashington> • Facebook: @WASBCTC<https://www.facebook.com/wasbctc/>