[Athen] portable CCTV recommendations

Heidi Scher hascherdss at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 11:49:52 PDT 2022

Hello ATHEN folks!

I'm wondering what portable CCTVs you are currently using? We have an Onyx
Swing Arm PC edition which has worked well in the past. However, it doesn't
work on a PC with Windows past 8 (yes, you read that correctly). We've
contacted Freedom Scientific support which was less than helpful. (Three
transfers which ended with a transfer to the he department where we started
- a hang up before connection!) We're looking for a portable CCTV that will
connect to a laptop and the camera portion can view distance (such as the
board in the classroom) or view up close (such as the top of the desk).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Seems to be very few models still
existing - or at least that I can find!

Kind regards to all,

Heidi
Heidi Scher, M.S., CRC
Associate Director - AT
*she, her, hers*
Center for Educational Access at the University of Arkansas
1 University of Arkansas, ARKU 209
Fayetteville, AR 72701
479.575.3104 phone
479.575.7445 fax