[Athen] Website accessibility

Dan Comden danc at uw.edu
Mon May 2 14:19:40 PDT 2022

"marketing best practice" made me laugh out loud. Thank you for making a
Monday better.

Good discussion. Hyperlinks take the user to a new page or within the same
page which is expected behavior. IF they open a new context (tab, window,
application) this should be announced/indicated.

An alternate "rule" is links within a site should not open new
windows/tabs. I have dozens of tabs open at a time but they should be
site-unique unless I choose otherwise.

Leave it up to the user, don't reinvent a typical browser experience
without a very good (and explained) reason.

Dan