[Athen] EMMA Presentation at AHG - A good one to attend!

Kressin, Lori L (llk2t) lorik at virginia.edu
Wed Nov 9 15:32:21 PST 2022

Hello everyone,

One of the reoccurring topics that has been discussed for years is in DSO and accessibility circles is the development of a central repository for remediated texts and documents; and have this solution allow universities to share these resources and decrease the amount of effort duplication currently required.

At next week’s Accessing Higher Ground Conference<https://accessinghigherground.org/>, a session on Wednesday at 2:15 (MT), Welcome to EMMA: Educational Materials Made Accessible–and Shareable!<https://accessinghigherground.org/welcome-to-emma-educational-materials-made-accessible-and-shareable/> is addressing this issue with a realistic and functional solution. This session will be presented by Bill Kasdorf and John Unsworth.

The overall FRAME<https://news.library.virginia.edu/2021/04/15/federated-repositories-of-accessible-materials-for-higher-education-ii-awarded-a-1175000-grant-from-the-andrew-w-mellon-foundation/>/EMMA<https://emma.uvacreate.virginia.edu/> project is a collaborative grant project, with John Unsworth, Professor of English and Dean of University Libraries at UVA, serving as the principle investigator (PI) and leading the effort.

I highly recommend this session to acquaint you to the work being done and the possibilities down the road.

Please share with others who may be interested.

Hope you’ll be able to attend the session and enjoy the conference!

Lori
Lori Kressin
Coordinator of Academic Accessibility
Office of the Executive VP and Provost • Univ. of Virginia
102 Cresap Rd • POB 400199 • Charlottesville, VA • 22903
[434] 982-5784
COAA Main Website<http://provost.virginia.edu/coaa>
Captioning & Transcription Assistance Form<https://virginia.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9zz42noPYpBIpdY>

I acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land where I live and work today, the Monacan Nation, and I pay my respect to their elders past and present.
(LEARN<https://usdac.us/nativeland> why this is done)