[Athen] Dragon Medical - Med School exams

foreigntype at gmail.com foreigntype at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 11:09:11 PST 2022

Dawn,

They would only have access to their voice profile. It’s not a dictionary!
Only saved recognized pronunciations. If the concern is access to “files”
with terminology, the software doesn’t work that way. When they log into a
practice’s medical records file system, the dictation goes one way: into
the client’s record. I would have them create a back up of their voice
profile on a flash drive and use DNS Medical with external links disabled.
I’ll check for a setting for you and let you know.

Wink

On Wed, Nov 16, 2022 at 11:15 AM Hunziker, Dawn A - (hunziker) <
hunziker at arizona.edu> wrote:

> Hi all,

> How are you providing access to voice recognition software for medical

> school and/or professional school exams/assessments?

> Our situation:

> Student needs to take an exam using University equipment. They have

> requested access to voice recognition (Dragon Medical in this case). Based

> on my research, Dragon Medical is tied to a user account where they log in

> and have access to then transcribe clinical notes.

> We are suggesting that that student sign into their Dragon Medical account

> for the exam but the professors are concerned the student will have access

> to information in their account. I don't think this is the case?

> What are your suggestions / thoughts?

> Thank you!

> Dawn

> Dawn Hunziker

> Associate Director | Disability Resources

> The University of Arizona | hunziker at arizona.edu

> drc.arizona.edu | itaccessibility.arizona.edu

> 520-626-9409

Wink Harner Assistive Technology Consulting and Training Alternative Text
Production Portland OR. foreigntype at gmail.com 480-984-0034