[Athen] Text to Speech products recommended?

Kevin Price Kevin.Price at ucf.edu
Thu Oct 6 08:01:41 PDT 2022

Hi,
We are reevaluating our Text to Speech solution (highlighting, speech, etc.) that we support on our campus for those using e-text reading (not screen reading we have JAWS for that). We are considering our current solution, Read & Write, but also looking into Kurzweil 3000 and Natural Reader. We are looking towards free software we can give out or software licensing where we can manage the licenses on our end such as Kurzweil 3000. Any feedback would be appreciated in helping us make a decision on what solution has worked best for your campus.
Thank you,
Kevin
Kevin Price, MSW
Assistant Director of Accessible Technology
Student Accessibility Services
Ginsburg Center for Inclusion and Community Engagement

University of Central Florida
4000 Central Florida Blvd Ferrell Commons, Room 155B
Orlando, FL 32816-3661
Office: 407.823.2371
kevin.price at ucf.edu<mailto:kevin.price at ucf.edu>
sas.sdes.ucf.edu
Please note: Florida has a very broad open records law (F.S. 119). Emails may be subject to public disclosure.
SAS acknowledges the value of expressing identity-first (disabled person) and person first (person with disability) language in our communication.