[Athen] Salesforce Issues

Vaughn, Michael michael.vaughn at yale.edu
Mon Apr 17 13:12:34 PDT 2023

Hi Emily,

I don’t have ready access to a Salesforce instance to verify your findings, but we usually don’t fuss much about errors reported by automated tools that don’t have much or any impact on users. WAVE does report errors in hidden content which is often not actually an issue. Presumably, the system would not expose the hidden content without first populating it with the missing child elements.

Also, a `tabindex=-1` attribute on a div does not cause the content to be skipped. It allows the element to be programmatically focused. If WAVE is reporting no heading structure, there must be some other reason for it.

Thanks,
Mike

_____
Michael Vaughn (he/him/his)
Associate Director of Digital Accessibility
Yale University, Information Technology Services