[Athen] Aerospace engineering student with chronic wrist/hand pain

Romack, Justin justinr at disability.tamu.edu
Thu Aug 3 20:34:34 PDT 2023

Howdy all!

I was just referred an aerospace engineering student with severe and persistent pain in their wrists and hands, making physical activities very difficult. Their request is for speech recognition / transcription, but I've had limited experience with solutions that can support advanced mathematics or graphing.

I know very little about this student just yet... it's possible they can do limited activities with their hands and we prioritize tasks to do manually that cannot easily be done with assistive tech... but I wanted to reach out to see if you wonderful folks had ideas or have worked in similar situations?

Grateful for the wisdom and collaboration on this list!

Take care,

Justin Romack | Assistant Director
Disability Resources | Texas A&M University
1224 TAMU | College Station, TX 77843-1224

ph: 979.845.1637 | justinr at disability.tamu.edu<mailto:justinr at disability.tamu.edu> | disability.tamu.edu