[Athen] Audio Description

Kaela Parks kaela.parks at pcc.edu
Fri Aug 4 09:13:21 PDT 2023

We have been using AblePlayer in the Learning Management System to provide
audio description for instructor generated content. We have this Accessible
Media showcase
<https://online.pcc.edu/shared/Example_Pages/AccessibleTech.html> that
describes the approach. We have also used AblePlayer along with interactive
graphics to create robust interactive presentations like this Chemistry
example
<https://online.pcc.edu/shared/Example_Pages/presentAble/IntrotoChemistry.html>
.

I also want to echo what Doug said about the value of encouraging
presenters to describe visuals directly, which can reduce the amount of
audio description that is needed, and mention that in addition to providing
audio description for instructional content, we are also providing it for
our live theatre performances and other events.

I hope this helps,
Kaela
--.
Kaela Parks (she/her/hers), Director