[Athen] Coding by Voice - R Coding

foreigntype at gmail.com foreigntype at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 13:18:29 PST 2023

Here are a couple of really good resources to use Dragon NaturallySpeaking
for computer coding. The tools suggested in this resource uses Caster.
R-code is included in the list of computer languages supported by this
application.

It will probably be necessary to do some work on creating macros for
strings. The Dragon NaturallySpeaking user manual (open-source & available
for download directly from Nuance) contains specific instructions on how to
create macros & save them.

Here is a resource from git hub on using Dragon NaturallySpeaking for
computer coding. Scroll down to the information about Caster.
https://github.com/dictation-toolbox/Caster

I have also included a link directly to the resource/how-to guide for
dictating code.
https://handsfreecoding.org/2015/03/14/dictating-code/

<https://handsfreecoding.org/2015/03/14/dictating-code/>
I have worked with a number of users both students & business
professionals on this technology. Something else that may be useful for
your student for hands-free keyboard use is the exceptionally useful add-on
from VoxAid. This is a sophisticated toolbar add-on to Dragon
NaturallySpeaking which enhances voice navigation. I personally use the
VoxAid AT Edition. Here is a link:
https://voxaid.co.uk/voxaid-at-edition-for-dsa-and-access-to-work/

Let me know if you have any questions or need more information. Glad to
help if I can.

Wink Harner
Accessibility Consultant/Alternative Text Production
The Foreign Type

Portland OR
foreigntype at gmail.com

This email was dictated using Dragon NaturallySpeaking. Please forgive
quirks, misrecognitions, or errata .