[Athen] Accessibility of Microsoft Teams Phone?

Russell Solowoniuk solowoniukr at macewan.ca
Mon Jan 9 08:42:30 PST 2023

Hi Kelly & all,

I contacted Microsoft's Enterprise Disability Answer Desk regarding the issue I have trying to find the Dial Pad when in a call. Here is the response I received back:

"Please see if this is the easier way to navigate to the Dial-pad. Press "CTRL + 5" assuming Calls tab is in the 5th position and then press tab to navigate to the Dial-pad. Once you are in the Dial-pad, you don't have to tab to the numbers in the dial pad rather you can just input the numbers from keyboard."

I wrote back and explained that this is exactly what I do, but most of the time I am not able to find the Dial-Pad, and when I do manage to stumble across it, it's usually too late and the call has ended. I suggested that it would be helpful to have a shortcut key to jump to the dial-pad, and here is the response I got back:

"Thank you for the detailed description of the issue.

We have shared this feedback to the engineering team to raise a Feature request and will update you once we have more information from the team."

I haven't heard anything back yet, but will update you all if I do.

Thanks,

Russell