[Athen] Reading graphs

Lissner, L. Scott lissner.2 at osu.edu
Thu Jun 22 09:35:39 PDT 2023

The student’s past experience, or lack of it) is going to be a determining factor. Broadly

* there are equations the describe graphs but require unusual math skills
* Tactile graphics (raised or embossed lines)
* Visual descriptions
* Manipulables in 3D
* Sonifacation (cool but a very unique skill set)

You might look at american Printing-house for the Blind. And the royal national institute for the blind in the UK

________________________________
Dear All, Hope your summer is going well. We have a student who is a Jaws user who is going to take an economics class with a lot of graphs. What thoughts and ideas you have to share would be great. Thanks Lorraine Lorraine S. Norwich, BSME,

Dear All,

Hope your summer is going well.

We have a student who is a Jaws user who is going to take an economics class with a lot of graphs. What thoughts and ideas you have to share would be great.

Thanks

Lorraine

Lorraine S. Norwich, BSME, MSIS

Assistant Director of Disability & Access Services

25 Buick Street 3rd Floor, Boston MA 02215

lnorwich at bu.edu<mailto:lnorwich at bu.edu> (email)

617-353-3658 (vox)

617-353-9646 (fax)

www.bu.edu/disability<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.bu.edu/disability__;!!KGKeukY!yCwRn-gyvyNcXOo7WWFxQ9zAo_eYwgaC1QiNTgL-6cJexssx-x_8xNQoK4ZzdcqDwuBgRCNeN-E2ltXo3Q$> (website)