[Athen] Reading MathJax with JAWS

Mary J Ziegler maryz at mit.edu
Thu Mar 30 08:49:31 PDT 2023

Dear Colleagues,

I’m trying to locate a user guide for JAWS users to understand how to best navigate and read math equations presented on a webpage with MathJax.

I have found a lot of detail on how to author math in MathJax – but am trying to help a student read the equations already authored and presented in MathJax.

JAWS has the MathViewer that does a good job of reading math, but my questions are
* what is the best way to configure/change any MathJax settings to render the math to play as happily as possible with JAWS?
* What browser reads the math best?
* Other suggestions?

Thanks!
Mary

Mary J. Ziegler (she/her)
Program Manager for Online Learning Accessibility
Online Worldwide Learning Services (OWLS)
Email: maryz at mit.edu<mailto:maryz at mit.edu>
Phone: 617-258-9328