[Athen] Recommendations on devices to help with hearing with in a classroom setting

Charlotte Schiff-Norton cgs5 at stmarys-ca.edu
Thu Oct 26 15:07:46 PDT 2023

Hello All!

I am in need of some help and I am hoping you all can help me.

I'm working with a student who has severe hearing loss in both ears and
they have not yet been set up with hearing aids.

They're having a very hard time hearing the professor and the conversation
around them.

This is new territory for me and for the student as well.

So I'm looking for any recommendations on devices or free apps that can
help the student within the classroom setting?

Thank you in advance for all of your help and recommendations

Best Regards,
Charlotte

This email was dictated using Dragon NaturallySpeaking.
Please forgive any quirks and misrecognitions.

*Charlotte Norton*

Accessibility & Assistive Technology Coordinator

Student Disability Services

Email: cgs5 at stmarys-ca.edu

Phone: (925) 631-5071

stmarys-ca.edu