[Athen] Textbook Scanner Recommendations

Natalie Davison nataliedavison at boisestate.edu
Thu Jan 18 12:38:59 PST 2024

Good afternoon,

I don't have it currently, but did use the CZUR scanner in the past and it
is super cool, especially how it can OCR and eliminate page curvature upon
scan.

<goog_87025302>
https://shop.czur.com/
<https://shop.czur.com/?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAtaOtBhCwARIsAN_x-3Iz7tW2EaWrlg66WoCWt7fWd15YzGs87KR9YOm6gRvNu1nZixQ5wIsaAuCiEALw_wcB>

Best wishes,
Natalie

On Thu, Jan 18, 2024 at 1:29 PM Cathy Sidor <csidor at umich.edu> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,

> I hope you are all staying warm! I am reaching out in hopes some of you

> may have recommendations regarding scanners and software to provide

> alternative formats for textbooks. We first try to find the books in

> Accesstext, Bookshare and direct outreach to publishers for accessible

> files. However, in some instances we have had to send the books out to have

> the spine of a book cut off in order to scan the book files to remediate

> them.

> Our Canon DR-9050C scanner that we used with Capture Perfect software has

> died and we are looking for replacement options for a high speed duplex

> scanner. We do have Omnipage Ultimate software to create word files to make

> them accessible from our scans. I have read a little that overhead scanners

> may be better than having to send the book out to be cut, scanned then

> rebound.

> Any and all information on the models and software your office may use to

> scan textbooks is appreciated.

> Thank you,

> Cathy

> --

> Cathy Sidor (she/her/hers)

> Hear me say my name

> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/13IPMyocSeRJ8C8d2UePwx5oHX09PeQZz/view?usp=sharing>

> Testing Center and Alternative Formatting Coordinator

> Disability and Accessibility Services

> University of Michigan-Dearborn

> 19000 Hubbard Dr. Room 262 FCN

> Dearborn, MI. 48126

> Ph: (313) 593-5310

> *Restrictions to Email Communication Email is not secure and

> confidentiality cannot be guaranteed. Information in this message may be

> privileged or confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the

> addressee(s). If you received this in error, please delete it from all

> computers and contact the sender. If you are in crisis, do not use email to

> contact Disability and Accessibility Services. For life-threatening

> emergencies during evenings, weekends, and university closures visit your

> nearest hospital emergency department. On campus, you may also contact

> University of Michigan Dearborn Police at 313-593-5333. For non-life

> threatening mental health issues please contact Counseling and

> Psychological Services at 313-593-5430 and press 2 if it is after business

> hours, weekends or during a university closure. *

Natalie Davison, MS, CRC ( she / her / hers )
*Access Coordinator, Assistive Technology Senior*

Educational Access Center Boise State University

*Appointment Scheduling: *click to schedule here
<https://calendly.com/nataliedavison>

Phone: (208) 426-1083

EAC Office: (208) 426-1583

*Fax:* (208)-473-2984
Email: *nataliedavison at boisestate.edu <nataliedavison at boisestate.edu> *
<heathercarlson2 at boisestate.edu>Mail: 1910 University Drive, Boise, ID
83725-1372
Location: 1607 University Dr (first floor Lincoln Office Suites)
<https://maps.boisestate.edu/?id=715#!ce/8943?s/veteran%20services>
Web: boisestate.edu/eac