[Athen] IT Accessibility roles - how are you structured?

Mosley, Leigh lmosley1 at utk.edu
Fri Mar 22 06:11:41 PDT 2024

Hi Jeff,

At the University of TN in Knoxville, it is my impression that most of our IT accessibility expertise lies with our instructional designers in our online learning programs. And I know there is at least one person who really focuses on accessibility from her role inside our main IT infrastructure. But I'm the only person I know of on campus with "accessibility" actually baked into their job title (who works solely with digital accessibility, not the built environment), and I'm inside the library testing electronic subscription resources for conformance. I used to be part of the UT compliance team, and I am not sure how accessibility has been handled there since I moved to the library. But my own ignorance about others' roles at UTK might be more a reflection of how spread out we are - maybe there are more of us than I know about on campus?

Leigh Mosley, MA, MLS, CPWA
Accessibility Coordinator
University of Tennessee Libraries
1015 Volunteer Boulevard
Knoxville, TN 37996-1000
865-974-0011
lmosley1 at utk.edu<mailto:lmosley1 at utk.edu>

Schedule a meeting with me: https://calendly.com/leighmosley

[The University of Tennessee Knoxville logo]