[Athen] Accessibility Summer Camp 2024

Tisha L. Marzewski via athen-list athen-list at u.washington.edu
Thu Mar 28 08:08:22 PDT 2024

Accessibility Summer Camp 2024

We would love for you to attend our seventh annual Accessibility Summer Camp. As in former years, this virtual conference is FREE, thanks to our sponsors, for all attendees and grants you access to the live sessions the day of the event and video recordings that are available post-conference.

ASC Opening and Mid-Day Keynote Speakers

This year’s opening keynote is Anjali Lalwani from MagicEdTech. Anjali Lalwani is passionate about accessibility advocacy. She draws on her experience to help others understand the “why” behind accessibility and disability inclusion.

Our mid-day keynote is Mary Lou Mobley. Mary Lou Mobley joined the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights in 2006, where she currently serves as OCR’s National Disability Expert and Co-Lead of OCR's National Digital Access Team. She has extensive experience in Sections 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, as well as Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act.

ASC Registration

This year’s ASC event will take place on Friday, June 14, 2024, from 8:00 -4:00 CDT via Zoom. Visit the ASC website<https://www.accessibilityict.org/register> to register for the 2024 ASC event. Please share this opportunity with your friends and colleagues of all knowledge backgrounds and levels as there will be something for everyone on the program!

What is Accessibility Summer Camp? (ASC)

The Accessibility Summer Camp is an annual, one-day, virtual conference with the goal of connecting professionals and educators with best practices in accessibility and Universal Design. Over the past few years, the ASC conference has grown to become a global virtual conference. Our mission is to provide accessibility-focused professional development that empowers attendees to create high-quality, accessible learning environments while removing barriers for all individuals who have the desire to learn.

ASC Sponsors

ASC would like to thank our Gold Sponsor, Open LMS, and our Captioning Sponsor, Verbit. We are pleased to welcome new Silver Sponsors Panopto, Packback, Simple Syllabus, and Innovative Educators. Our sponsors help keep this conference free to everyone and allow us to provide vital services like captioning and sign language interpretation.

Follow us on Social Media

Be part of the conference vibe today: learn about presenters as they are announced, strike up conversations, and follow pre-conference events like our ASC Live videocast.

Find us on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/AccessibilityICT> and LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/accessibility-summer-camp/> or @ASCWichita on Twitter<https://twitter.com/ASCWichita>.

Tisha L Marzewski | Coordinator of Disability Services
Arkansas State University-Beebe
tlmarzewski at asub.edu<mailto:tlmarzewski at asub.edu>