[Biostudent] Fwd: Volunteer with Camp Korey this Spring

Biology Advising bioladv at uw.edu
Mon Apr 4 13:25:40 PDT 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Camp Korey at the University of Washington <ckuwsrso at uw.edu>
Date: Mon, Apr 4, 2022 at 11:38 AM
Subject: Volunteer with Camp Korey this Spring

I wanted to share this opportunity with your students to be involved with
our RSO this Spring. We are offering lots of volunteer and networking
opportunities perfect for students interested in pre-health, education, and
disability studies.

Hello and warm fuzzies from Camp Korey at the University of Washington. We
are a new RSO on campus aimed to connect UW students to Camp Korey. Camp
Korey is a local year-round camp providing free programing to children and
families affected by life-altering medical conditions. There are a number
of ways to be involved with Camp Korey at UW, including remote service
projects, social club meetings, and on-site, hands-on volunteer work.

All on-campus meetings will be held on Wednesday evenings from 7-8pm in HUB
307.

If you would prefer to join us virtually, use this link for all of our
meetings:

https://washington.zoom.us/j/94134338106. Meeting ID: 941 3433 8106

*In addition, there are two volunteer opportunities with Camp Korey this
quarter which will take place on the Saturdays April 23 and May 21. You can
see more specific details for these below. Unfortunately there will be no
virtual option for these meetings but don’t hesitate to reach out if you
need help coordinating transportation.

SCHEDULE:

April 6: Friendship and Welcome Night (HUB 307)

Our first meeting of the quarter will be a get-to-know you and camp night!
We will have optional games, friendship bracelet supplies, and activities.

April 20: Summer Volunteer and Staff Opportunities (HUB 307)

Learn about summer opportunities with Camp Korey.

*April 23 (Saturday): General Family Day AT CAMP KOREY

Volunteer from 9am-4pm at Camp Korey, which is located about an hour away
in Mount Vernon, WA. You will help with adaptive cycling, arts and crafts,
and the kitchen. Lunch will be provided for volunteers. If you are
interested, please contact Paige Mackintosh: pmackintosh at campkorey.org to
learn more and begin the Camp Korey volunteer onboarding process. If you
are in need of transportation, please reach out to Abby Miranda:
amiran2 at uw.edu to coordinate a carpool.

May 4: Rock Painting (HUB 307)

Destress from midterms and paint rocks with us. All rocks will be donated
to Camp Korey. Supplies will be provided.

May 18: Camp Movie Night (HUB 307)

We will watch a to-be-announced movie about summer camp and get excited
for the future!

*May 21 (Saturday): Ribbon Cutting Ceremony AT CAMP KOREY

This exciting day of ribbon cutting in the morning and family camp in the
afternoon will have a number of volunteer needs, so if interested please
contact Paige Mackintosh (pmackintosh at campkorey.org) to learn more about
volunteer roles.

June 1: Summer Get-to-Know You (HUB 307)

If you are planning to attend Camp Korey this summer, come to our
get-to-know you event to meet the other staff and volunteers you will be
working with! Hear our tips for preparing and packing for your CK
experience!

We look forward to seeing you! Let us know if you have any questions or
concerns!

You can contact either of our co-presidents Abby Miranda (amiran2 at uw.edu)
and Juliana Rios (jsrios at uw.edu) with any questions!

Warm fuzzies!

CK at UW

--
*Biology Advising - No in person meetings for WIN*
University of Washington, *BOX* 355320

*Zoom drop-in advising hours (10-15 min meetings):*

Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

*Join Zoom Meeting *
*https://washington.zoom.us/j/92869479267
<https://washington.zoom.us/j/92869479267>*
Please include your name and student number in your emails.