[Biostudent] Fwd: You’re Invited! Interdisciplinary Panels on Social Good presented by EverybodyHacks (April 20th & 22nd)

Biology Advising bioladv at uw.edu
Mon Apr 18 18:06:42 PDT 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Society for Geography Data Science at UW <geodat at uw.edu>
Date: Mon, Apr 18, 2022 at 2:06 PM
Subject: You’re Invited! Interdisciplinary Panels on Social Good presented
by EverybodyHacks (April 20th & 22nd)
To: EverybodyHacks <everybodyhacks.uw at gmail.com>
Cc: Zulkifli Sales <zsales at uw.edu>, Arghya Kannadaguli <arghyak at uw.edu>

Good afternoon,

I am reaching out on behalf of EverybodyHacks & GeoDat to tell you about
our upcoming events this week. All of our events are interdisciplinary and
created to serve UW students of all majors and interests. Please help us in
sharing this information with your department, we would really appreciate
it! Thank you for your time and support!

Warm Regards,

Arghya Kannadaguli

Student Director | GeoDat Society for Geography Data Science

arghyak at uw.edu | geodat at uw.edu

A Message from EverybodyHacks:

Join us this Wednesday, April 20th and Friday, April 22nd for the next two
installments of our Interdisciplinary Panel Series!

About EverybodyHacks…

EverybodyHacks is UW’s newest interdisciplinary hackathon, organized and
hosted by GeoDat, the Society for Geography & Data Science at UW. Our
hackathon was created for students of all majors. We welcome projects
ranging from app design, creative writing, policy assessments, data
visualizations, map atlases, historical reviews, blueprints, visual art—you
name it!

Upcoming Panels

Interdisciplinary Panel: Wednesday, April 20th

Time: 12:00pm - 1:00pm

Zoom Link: https://tinyurl.com/eh-panels

RSVP Link: https://tinyurl.com/eh-pan2-rsvp

Speakers:

-

Sarah Pierre-Louis (she/her) Career and Life Coaching in the Tech
Industry
-

Courtney Smyth (she/her) Prosthetics & Orthotics in Health Care
-

Becky Beard (she/her) Environmental Management and Conservation &
Academic Advising
-

Kathryn Cornforth (she/her) Director of Community Engagement at UW
-

Karen Levi (she/her) Data Science & Cyber Security

Young Professionals Special: Friday, April 22nd

Time: 12:00pm - 1:00pm

Zoom Link: https://tinyurl.com/eh-panels

RSVP Link: https://tinyurl.com/eh-pan3-rsvp

Speakers:

-

Nanditha Shivakumar (she/her) Biochemistry & Clinical Research
-

Luciano de la Iglesia (he/him) Data Science, Social Entrepreneurship &
Maritime Software
-

Sydney Vahl (she/they) Early Childhood and Family Studies
-

Arghya Kannadaguli (she/her) Geographic Information Studies &
Environmental Health

Questions? Visit our website or follow us on instagram for information
about this week’s speakers and upcoming events!

-

Instagram: @everybodyhacks <https://www.instagram.com/everybodyhacks/>
-

Website: https://everybodyhacks.github.io/home
-

Email: everybodyhacks.uw at gmail.com

We hope to see you there!

EverybodyHacks (UW)

--
*Biology Advising - No in person meetings for WIN*
University of Washington, *BOX* 355320

*Zoom drop-in advising hours (10-15 min meetings):*

Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

*Join Zoom Meeting *
*https://washington.zoom.us/j/92869479267
<https://washington.zoom.us/j/92869479267>*
Please include your name and student number in your emails.