[Biostudent] CELE Center EDUC Courses for Winter 23!

biolprog at uw.edu biolprog at uw.edu
Thu Dec 1 12:00:57 PST 2022

Hello!

The Community Engagement and Leadership Education (CELE) Center is offering
opportunities for UW students to engage with local K-12 schools and earn
credit! If you're interested in educational equity and gaining
direct-service experience working with K-12 students, then we encourage you
to enroll in our courses. Our courses are variable credit, count towards the
Education and Leadership minors and I & S credits and are graded CR/NC. To
get started, consider registering for the below classes on MyPlan: Biology

* EDUC 260: Equity Issues in K-12 Education (Mondays, 11:30am -
12:50pm, 1 credit)

* required for first-time tutors/mentors in combination with EDUC 401A
or EDUC 401B

* EDUC 401A: Mentor Field Experience (Wednesdays, 11:30am - 12:50pm,
1-3 credits)

* support high school students with college access and post-secondary
planning
* mentorship event dates and times will vary and will fall outside of
the EDUC 401A class time

* EDUC 401B: Tutor Field Experience (Wednesdays, 4:00pm - 5:20pm, 1-6
credits)

* support K-12 students with academic tutoring
* tutoring hours will take place outside of the EDUC 401B class time

You can find out more information on our website, located
<https://cele.uw.edu/students/opportunities/cele-k-12-tutor-or-mentor/>
here. If you have any questions about enrollment or curriculum, please email
celecenter at uw.edu <mailto:celecenter at uw.edu> .

Thank you so much, please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Our Team at Community Engagement and Leadership Education (CELE) K-12
Mentorship and Tutoring Program