[Biostudent] Summer Health Professions Education Program (SHPEP) application closes Feb 5! Upcoming webinars

biolprog at uw.edu biolprog at uw.edu
Mon Dec 19 11:25:40 PST 2022

Summer Health Professions Education Program (SHPEP) application closes Feb
5! Upcoming webinars

Good Morning Enrichment Program Champions,

Please encourage students who are interested in the health professions to
apply to SHPEP. The holidays are a great time to get the application in
before it closes Feb 5.

There are a few changes that will take place this year.

* Students will be provided a $1000 stipend for participating in this
6 week summer program
* Students will also be given an extra $100/per week during virtual
weeks of the program so UW will be paying $1400
* The University of Washington site will be offering a 4 weeks virtual
and 2 weeks in person program. See national website to determine modality
offered by other programs.

Below are some webinar dates and times that I am offering. If you would like
me to provide one specifically for your programs please let me know.

SHPEP Webinars

Zoom link: https://washington.zoom.us/j/3117825083
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/washington.zoom.us/j/3117825083__;!!K-Hz
7m0Vt54!gigiO2gLG47VIK2_F13OdDPvYqxarT2texJyQjDknMCXIdlFewIl1_rvy8Vb8ZMpZ7OW
9eE0N7cb_4DFZiC4cPQ$>

Wednesday

December 21

3:00-4:00 PM PT

Thursday

December 29

12:00-1:00 PM PT

Tuesday

January 10

3:00-4:00 PM PT

Monday

January 23

11:00 AM-12:00 PM PT

Please share widely.

Let me know if you have any questions or can recommend others that I can add
to our listserv.

Thank you again for your help in getting the word out to students. The
University of Washington's catchment area is WA, WY, AK, MT, ID and OR
(WWAMIO).

Happy Holidays!

Nora

*Let me know if you would like to be removed from the listserv.

Nora Coronado, (she/her/ella)

Title: Director, Community Engagement

Director, Summer Health Professions Education Program (SHPEP) www.shpep.org
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.shpep.org/__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!gigiO2gLG4
7VIK2_F13OdDPvYqxarT2texJyQjDknMCXIdlFewIl1_rvy8Vb8ZMpZ7OW9eE0N7cb_4DFYBRDbB
U$>

Program Director, Center for Workforce Inclusion and Healthcare System
Equity (WIHSE)

Office of Healthcare Equity | UW Medicine

1959 NE Pacific Street | F225A | Seattle, WA 98195

Campus Box 357237

Phone: 206.616.3043

EMAIL: ncorona at uw.edu <mailto:ncorona at uw.edu>

<https://depts.washington.edu/hcequity/welcome/>
https://depts.washington.edu/hcequity/welcome/

For internal UW Medicine training requests from the Office of Healthcare
Equity, please <https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/kabussey/394043> click
here.

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/uwmedicine.org/__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!gigiO2gLG
47VIK2_F13OdDPvYqxarT2texJyQjDknMCXIdlFewIl1_rvy8Vb8ZMpZ7OW9eE0N7cb_4DFB5vqG
LA$>

The above email may contain patient identifiable or confidential
information. Because email is not secure, please be aware of associated
risks of email transmission. If you are communicating with a UW Medicine
Provider or Researcher via email, your acceptance of the risk and agreement
to the conditions for email communications is implied. (See
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.uwmedicine.org/about/compliance/email
-risk__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!gigiO2gLG47VIK2_F13OdDPvYqxarT2texJyQjDknMCXIdlFewIl1_
rvy8Vb8ZMpZ7OW9eE0N7cb_4DFiczasnQ$>
http://www.uwmedicine.org/about/compliance/email-risk.)

The information is intended for the individual named above. If you are not
the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
contents of this information is prohibited. Please notify the sender by
reply email, and then destroy all copies of the message and any attachments.
See our Notice of Privacy Practices at
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.uwmedicine.org/about/privacy__;!!K-Hz
7m0Vt54!gigiO2gLG47VIK2_F13OdDPvYqxarT2texJyQjDknMCXIdlFewIl1_rvy8Vb8ZMpZ7OW
9eE0N7cb_4DFSwwC0sg$> http://www.uwmedicine.org/about/privacy.