[Biostudent] Autumn 2022 online course: MODERN GREEK

Sheryl Medrano smedrano at uw.edu
Thu Jun 30 15:04:33 PDT 2022

*MODERN GREEK **ONLINE* *AUTUMN QUARTER 2022*

*SNL 17168 JSIS E 111 - ELEM MODERN GREEK - **5 CREDITS*

- *JSIS E 111 Modern Greek is the first in a sequence of courses (JSIS E
111, 112, and 113). Successful completion of all three courses satisfies
the UW College of Arts and Sciences Foreign Language requirement. *
- *Meet partial language requirements (the 111, 112 and 113 sequence is
required to complete the language requirement) *
- *This is an exciting **ONLINE** course through the Hellenic studies
program at the Jackson School of International Studies. *
- *Learning Greek will make you smarter; Greek is the language of
science, mathematics, medicine, biology, philosophy. *
- *Improve your verbal skills; many of the GRE questions are about words
that come from Greek. *

Take a look at a sample lesson: https://sites.google.com/uw.edu/ugreek/home

*THIS IS WHAT STUDENTS WHO TOOK GREEK HAVE SAID: *

- *“BEST TEACHER EVER! His class was so much fun! Super easy and overall
an awesome class!" *
- *"Sweetest teacher ever! Cares about students, very lenient. Fun
class! Same for first or second- year Greek." *
- *"Best professor I've ever had. Makes it really easy to learn the
material." *
- *"I just want to let you know that in my four years at the University
of Washington, I can't think of a better class than the one you offered
this quarter. I can't believe how much I learned and how much fun I had
while learning. You created such a stress-free environment for learning and
I really have to thank you for that. I hope that you have a wonderful break
and that next quarter runs as smoothly as this one!" *
-

*“I know it is your job to teach and guide our young minds, but I have yet
to encounter a professor who works as hard to make a positive impact on the
lives of his students. I consider myself very lucky to have been a part of
your class. It has been a pleasure and honor having you as my professor
and mentor. I treasure all the knowledge and wisdom you have shared with me
and I truly appreciate the time, effort and sincerity you have devoted in
writing a letter on my behalf.” *
- *QUESTIONS? Contact: Heracles Panagiotides, PhD (**hercp at uw.edu*
<hercp at uw.edu>*)*