[Biostudent] April Scholarship Events: From Getting Started to Writing Compelling Statements

biolprog at uw.edu biolprog at uw.edu
Tue Mar 29 15:11:40 PDT 2022

APRIL SCHOLARSHIP SESSIONS

HONE YOUR STRATEGY

Getting Started with Undergraduate Scholarships

Learn about searching for scholarships that fit your interests and goals and
bringing your strengths into application materials. We'll also talk about
how to write for your audience and think like a funder.

* Wednesday, April 6 | 5 p.m. | Join us on Zoom
<https://washington.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJcqduioqzsrGdGzoDr5M3jipQbeG82
EmY5J> >

Scholarship Strategies for 1st, 2nd & 3rd Year Students

Get started on your scholarship search and application process by finding
out what it takes to become a competitive candidate. We'll share upcoming
opportunities as well as some idea for the future!

* Tuesday, April 12 | 4 p.m. | Join us on Zoom
<https://washington.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYofu2uqj0rGdMz29rcKUuTk-Pxv88
MAE60> >

Intro to Global Fellowships

Dive into the world of scholarships with us! There's something for everyone
in this session. We'll split into breakout rooms so that you can learn about
funded opportunities to study, research, and teach abroad.

* Wednesday, April 13| 4:30 p.m. | Join us on Zoom
<https://washington.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUqceytrDgjHNZm3nSa8RhdslNRcAH
8oXf5> >

PREPARE TO WRITE

Personal Statement Writing Workshop

Learn tools, gain insights, and practice writing strategies in this writing
workshop. Be ready to participate in a few writing exercises to help you get
started. Writers at any stage in their process are welcome to attend!

* Thursday, April 7 | 4:30 p.m. | Join us on Zoom
<https://washington.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEtd-GsqjkpHNNbP99EEAfJO6g8UuT
Zkazv> >

Get Your Ideas Flowing: Essays & CVs

Ready to work on a scholarship, grad school, or any other application but
don't know where to start? Join a fellowships advisor to talk about what the
selection committees are really looking for and get a few ideas on paper.
We'll talk about how to make essays and activity descriptions stand out and
give you a few tips to help get you started.

* Tuesday, April 19 | 5 p.m. | Join us on Zoom
<https://washington.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0tdu2hqjMjHtdrUrSufRatxIe6c9T
RDjTH> >
* Thursday, May 5 | 12 p.m. | Join us on Zoom
<https://washington.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0qc-igpj8oH9TtAAKg3FtTaQ39e8e
xtbQw> >

CONNECT WITH AN ADVISER

Make an appointment
<https://expd.uw.edu/scholarships/applying/scholarship-advising/>

Meet with an advisor and get feedback on your scholarship essays, talk
through your ideas, or to talk about a specific scholarship or opportunity.

EMILY SMITH
Assistant Director
Office of Merit Scholarships, Fellowships & Awards

Mary Gates Hall 171 Box 352803
Seattle, WA 98195-2803
206.543.4170
<mailto:emilys42 at uw.edu> emilys42 at uw.edu / expd.uw.edu/scholarships /
<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/ScholarshipsFellowships@cloud.wa
shington.edu/bookings/> Schedule an appointment

<https://www.instagram.com/uwomsfa/>
<https://www.facebook.com/UW.Merit.Scholarships>