[Biostudent] Undergrad job - Tutor for BLC

Jason L. Patterson patterj at uw.edu
Mon Nov 21 16:30:12 PST 2022

BLC Tutoring Job Description
We are looking for bright, passionate tutors to join our team starting in August 2022. This job is part-time and starting pay ranges from $20-25 per hour. The majority of our students range from elementary school to high school. Our tutors work on an individual basis in both in-person and/or remote settings. We are open Monday through Friday from 2:30 PM to 8:30 PM and on Saturday from 9:30 AM to 7:00 PM.

Scheduling is flexible. You can choose how many hours you prefer to work and which days and times are best for you. You may also choose which subjects you will teach. We hire outstanding, knowledgeable, passionate tutors who desire to make a difference in the lives of their students and who are eager to pass on their love of learning.

Job Details:
● Teach Math or Science through one-on-one tutoring.
● Math levels range from Pre-Algebra through Calculus and SAT/ACT prep.
● Science classes include Chemistry, Biology, and Physics at a high school and
AP/IB level.
● Work from September 2022 and through the school year. Long-term
commitments are strongly preferred.
● Starting Pay: $20-$25 per hour.
● Hours: 10-30 hours per week, Monday - Saturday.
● Location: 13122 NE 20th St. #300 Bellevue WA 98005.

Education and Experience:
● Teaching experience is preferred but is not a requirement for outstanding
applicants. We will provide necessary training.
● College degrees are strongly preferred but not required.
Here are some of the perks of working at BLC:
● Independence
We don't micromanage our tutors. Instead, we hire competent people and trust them to choose the best approach for each student and subject. We will offer you support, feedback, and resources, and then turn you loose to help your students.

● Flexible Scheduling
Choose which days and times are best for you and we will set up a teaching schedule to fit. You choose how many hours per week you want to work.
● Competitive Pay
Starting pay is $22-$25 per hour. After a brief trial period, you will be eligible for merit based raises.
● Modern, Professional Facility
Unlike other tutoring centers, we don't use open space or cubicles. We have proper classrooms with comfortable chairs, clean, spacious desks, markerboards, and bookshelves.
● Friendly Work Environment
Our tutors are mostly young professionals or graduate students. We are an enthusiastic group and are always willing to help each other with advice, resources, or suggestions.
● Student-Focused
We care about what's best for the student. We hire tutors who will actively seek out and provide the best help that they can. This creates a positive, inclusive, and effective learning environment.

How to apply:
Send your resume and cover letter to contact at bellevuelearningcenter.com. We will contact you for an interview.

Jason Patterson, M Ed. (He/Him)
Academic Counselor Senior, Department of Biology
patterj at u.washington.edu<mailto:patterj at u.washington.edu>
318 HCK, University of Washington, BOX 355320 Phone: 206-543-7767
http://www.biology.washington.edu/programs/undergraduate
Biology Zoom drop-in advising hours (10-15 min meetings):
Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
My Regular Drop in Zoom days: Tues, Thurs 1-4 pm, and Mon, Tues, Weds, Thursday 9-12pm.
Zoom link for those hours: https://washington.zoom.us/j/97207369544

Advising Sessions Via EMAIL, PHONE, and ZOOM. In person individual advising available by appointment only.

Appointments by request. Please include your name and student number in your emails.